Welcome to one of the best NTM of the internet. Being a model needs a little of practice. This is the site that you can practice your skills in a virtual model contest with the same format of ANTM.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
FierceRokstar

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 am

confessional time.!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/ModelManiaTV
VanityEgo

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:46 am

Admin wrote:
WOW Andrei you are def. a good judge and I like how you are helping the people cheers
Thanks Very Happy

One of you also shared his worries about the type of background you could have. It is indeed going to be hard, but then again, the videos I've posted can also give you ideas.

From the easiest to execute to the hardest:

• A pastel background. You can create one with wrapping paper which you can stick to a wall with scotch, it's not too expensive and you can definitely re-use it afterwards. In that case, if you have to buy wrapping paper, think of what you're going to wear first, in order to make sure that you can match the colours of your garments with the background.

• A kitchen. It will be easy to create a believable scenario behind your picture in such a place.

• If you go for a very young image, a street can do. Not all streets will do, of course, but if you live in a suburb, I think you could find some decent places to shoot. A street corner could also prove quite inspiring, if the road is behind you. Avoid that if you live in a big modern city though lol.

• A sandy path. This one will be more appropriate for boys, especially if you choose to dress as bad boys or militaries.

• A vintage café / dinner. I know one in Athens if you like Laughing If you are lucky enough to have one nearby and if you don't mind having your picture taken in public, it will be really cool.

• The last one can be more annoying to set up, but if you have red sheets and sexy lingerie, you could even go Burlesque in your bedroom. The perfect example of Burlesque with a drink is none other than:

• If you are good at photoshopping backgrounds, here's a more realistic inspiration:

You can even create your own background with coke cans :lol Not sure how look it will good though lol.

I have to warn you though, do NEVER rely on photoshop to make your pictures look good. I can't talk for the other judges but one of the deadliest no-nos in my book is when someone's modelling is jank and if the only thing that saves their picture is a fake background or something that was added in post-production. I believe this is a modelling competition, so what I'm mostly judging at is your ability to model.

Whilst I'm at it, but I am more flexible in that respect, I do respect and admire the effort you will put into things such as make-up and home-made sets, but don't get hyped up because you're really proud of the background you created or with the make-up you made. As much as you will be satisfied with your own efforts, if the overall aspect of your picture is cheap and amateurish, I won't be a fan of it. In C5, there are quite a few examples of pictures that had obviously a lot of effort behind them, but which I found ended up pretty cheap. But I don't even need to go that far to find an example of amateurish make-up:

Spoiler:

See, I put a lot of effort into it (although I'm not sure you can tell :lol), but it definitely does not look professional. The reason I like the picture regardless (kinda) is my eyes shine through the make-up. And that's where my flexibility comes up. The argument about your modelling being the #1 priority is still valid: if, despite a poorly executed make-up / setting, your modelling shines through, I won't hold that against you.

[However, in the aforementioned picture, my modelling was also criticised (I disagreed with the critiques, but it didn't matter, I was happy that I had the natural picture to make-up for that cheap mess :lol but that's not the point), and it cost me a FCO, and I was close to the B2. In the C5 pictures I was talking about, the modelling sucked too (to my standards). The point remains: if your modelling sucks, how much energy you invested in the rest won't necessarily save you, so don't expect that to do so.]

If you find me tyrannic, don't worry, I am not the HBIC here and my opinion is worth as much as that of the other judges, and I think we balance each other a lot in terms of taste, so don't be scared because of those warnings Smile

Oh that's one long message.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FierceRokstar

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:29 am

now I'm definitely thinking of re-shooting. Well I was
gonna take more photos tomorrow anyways... but
I think the shots I took today came out pretty good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/ModelManiaTV
carcamiiwiis

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Yeah kinda later but MEH

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eduardo_super

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:08 pm

I did my photoshoot today, and I enjoyed it so badly, maybe today or tomorrow, I will send it Smile Good luck other models, shine! Thanks for Andrei and Felipe's advices, they help me so much! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eduardo_super

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:33 pm

I have a question, the contestants need to do a confessional too? Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snammy

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:47 pm

It's not required but it would be a good idea to do so, in my opinion :3 The more active a contestant is the more they appear to care and thus the judges may be more invested in said contestants What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eduardo_super

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Snammy wrote:
It's not required but it would be a good idea to do so, in my opinion :3 The more active a contestant is the more they appear to care and thus the judges may be more invested in said contestants What a Face

Ok, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darlingdawne

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:39 am

Very Happy you all are awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dawn.loves.sitemodels
Tácita

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:40 am

Felipe, your confessional was the cutest thing ever!

Guys, I was going to give you some advice about this photoshoot but I feel like Andrei's and Felipe's are wonderful advices and if you listen to both of them I'm sure this photoshoot will be a great success. Smile
So, I'm going to give you some of my advice for all the competition, ok?
The most important thing about this is enojoying every photoshoot, have fun in front of the camera, modelling is such a beautiful way of expressing who you are, so don't ever second guess yourselves and try to bring something different in every photoshoot.
Confidence is a must, you have to believe you can win this for us to believe it as well, and try your hardest every week. Effort and commitment are always very important and we want the winner to be someone who is really invested in the competition.
Use your creativity, and no matter how crazy your ideas are, don't be afraid to use them, we are all a little crazy as well Razz
And last, but not least, use all the tools you are given. Get inspired going through fashion magazines, always listen to criticism as an advice for you to be better, and if you have the time, get involved in the forum, so we'll have a better idea who is hiding behind those gorgeous photos! Very Happy
I'm sure you are all interesting and beautiful people inside and out, so we'll love to know more of you through the competition!

I'm going on holidays now, so I don't know if I'll be able to judge the next two weeks. I hope I can do it, but in case I can't I will return to judging then and will be looking forward to see your gorgeous pictures!

The best of luck to all of you!

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eduardo_super

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks you, Nadia! I really enjoyed my second photoshoot, it was funny, because I was looking for the right background and I found it in a restaurant, so it was amazing because many people saw me, but my confidence never disappeared. Opposite of that, people asked me about the photos and they loved the concept, so, now I'm going to show my commercial side, I hope you enjoy it too as much as I do. Work it models! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snammy

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Man, it's only Wednesday? I want panel to be here now xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanityEgo

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Snammy wrote:
Me too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carcamiiwiis

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:47 pm

VanityEgo wrote:
Snammy wrote:
Me too!

Me too its too surprising this cycle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnimeFan0113

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:00 pm

doing my photo shoot right now Smile i love my outfit, literally this is how i sometimes go to school so i love it! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carcamiiwiis

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:43 pm

OMG @George confessional is so cute you look fierce ad i didnt know you have braces and you look amazing and so elegant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snammy

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Ooh yay a confessional! George you're precious cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carcamiiwiis

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:01 pm

your style its soo nerdy chic boy i love it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Georgee

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Hehe I did say I will be the awkard one in the bunch. Just not as tall as Ann Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://georgegurung.tumblr.com/
carcamiiwiis

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Georgee wrote:
Hehe I did say I will be the awkard one in the bunch. Just not as tall as Ann Sad

Dont worry I LOVE AWKARDNESS really its great t se something different
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanityEgo

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 pm

George your accent is definitely British but it sometimes reminds me a bit of Gina's cherry Your confessional was greaaat!

Your awkwardness is closer to that of Marjorie than to Ann's! You're a nerve ball! It's adorable Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snammy

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 pm

True; there are different brands of awkwardness but I prefer the Marjoriesque sort of awkward anyway. I'm secretly like that when I'm not comfortable in situation. Work that awkwardness santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Georgee

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:42 am

carcamiiwiis wrote:
Georgee wrote:

Dont worry I LOVE AWKARDNESS really its great t se something different

Ah thank you, I thought people were expecting a fierce asian :L

VanityEgo wrote:
George your accent is definitely British but it sometimes reminds me a bit of Gina's cherry Your confessional was greaaat!

Your awkwardness is closer to that of Marjorie than to Ann's! You're a nerve ball! It's adorable Very Happy

Ahaha everytime; I talk I feel so shy so that's why I giggle so much and ah j'adore Marjorie, not just her style and awkardness too ;D thank you.

Snammy wrote:
True; there are different brands of awkwardness but I prefer the Marjoriesque sort of awkward anyway. I'm secretly like that when I'm not comfortable in situation. Work that awkwardness santa

I am fine with being the awkard edit in this season then, really Sam? People prejudice me because I look like a bubbly person but I am very shy and perserved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://georgegurung.tumblr.com/
VanityEgo

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:43 am

Georgee wrote:
I am fine with being the awkard edit in this season then, really Sam? People prejudice me because I look like a bubbly person but I am very shy and perserved.
That sounded like Jade in reverse :lol

"People think I'm a bitch when they first see me because I have this beautiful body."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snammy

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:51 am

I'm confused now Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   

Back to top Go down

WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top