Webcon Next Top Model
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to one of the best NTM of the internet. Being a model needs a little of practice. This is the site that you can practice your skills in a virtual model contest with the same format of ANTM.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"

Go down 
+15
xxxxxx
TransformedBree
Eduardo_super
Tácita
AnimeFan0113
Georgee
Snammy
darlingdawne
tracyjones21
FierceRokstar
carcamiiwiis
VanityEgo
Mradw929
DaniiiModernMan
Admin
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
VanityEgo

VanityEgo

WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Snammy wrote:
Oh yes, I want to see some confessionals from y'all! See the personalities behind those lovely faces albino
I agree cherry
Back to top Go down
carcamiiwiis

carcamiiwiis

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:57 pm

VanityEgo wrote:
Snammy wrote:
Oh yes, I want to see some confessionals from y'all! See the personalities behind those lovely faces albino
I agree cherry

I agree too
Back to top Go down
Snammy

Snammy

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Felipe, I am watching your video now and I couldn't tell your hair is red at first but as soon as you mentioned it I could tell! Very nice Razz
Back to top Go down
VanityEgo

VanityEgo

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:45 pm

So about the personality issue, yeah, I wanted to elaborate.

If you don't show us your personality, we'll make up one based one your pictures. It's a natural reflex so don't get mad if we don't read you well.
But the worst that could possibly happen to you is that we don't find you a personality. In that case... Sayonara!
Back to top Go down
AnimeFan0113

AnimeFan0113

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:53 pm

omg i wanna see where they rank me, the thing is that my photo is a real backstage photo for a runway i had so yeah i dont know if they will like that Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tácita

Tácita

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 pm

I really like the panel, mainly because all the pictures are so different! I tried to do my video judging 5 times now, but my laptop doesn't want to help me, so I'm doing a sixth one with my ipod in two parts!!

Back to top Go down
carcamiiwiis

carcamiiwiis

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Ohhh @Bree OMG YOUR HOT i adore Queen BRE
Back to top Go down
FierceRokstar

FierceRokstar

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:08 am

I'm gonna make a confessional soon... actually I'll make it
after I'm done recording for the Model Mania finale.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelManiaTV
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 am

VanityEgo wrote:
So about the personality issue, yeah, I wanted to elaborate.

If you don't show us your personality, we'll make up one based one your pictures. It's a natural reflex so don't get mad if we don't read you well.
But the worst that could possibly happen to you is that we don't find you a personality. In that case... Sayonara!

That word reminds me of ANGELEA XD

OH BRIANNA & NADIA in a panel togueter looks like BEYONCE AND SHAKIRA in beautiful liar lol!
Back to top Go down
http://wntm.foroactivo.com
VanityEgo

VanityEgo

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:11 am

carcamiiwiis wrote:
Ohhh @Bree OMG YOUR HOT i adore Queen BRE
IKR? And the part where she showed Cesar how to model his T-Shirt? MODEL SEXY.

By the way, I forgot to address that in my judging, but Dawn, I saw you doubting yourself and your ability... Don't do that! I know it sounds cliché, but if you show that you don't believe in yourself, it's harder for us to believe in you cherry So be a strong, modern woman and stay fierce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Snammy

Snammy

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Ooh next shoot looks cute; I hope they're fun but not overly cheesy or anything xD
Back to top Go down
VanityEgo

VanityEgo

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Snammy wrote:
Ooh next shoot looks cute; I hope they're fun but not overly cheesy or anything xD
Well I wouldn't mind cheesy, to be honest. It's now or never Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AnimeFan0113

AnimeFan0113

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:15 pm

OMG this shoot excites me so much! im a huge fan of coke and and i have tons of vintage clothes cause i love dressing up like that every day! cheers
Back to top Go down
FierceRokstar

FierceRokstar

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm a bit nervous about the styling, but the commercial
part I believe I'll be good at. Smile

this week I need a much higher call-out. So I may be asking
some people for help. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelManiaTV
Snammy

Snammy

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 pm

I'm kinda expecting/hoping to see something like the Cycle 17 hotdog shoot only with coke and with a vintage twist xD OR BETTER.
Back to top Go down
VanityEgo

VanityEgo

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:24 pm

So people! If you don't have many ideas about vintage, here are a couple videos that might inspire you:

So if you can't be bothered to look at the videos (and I'd understand if you don't want to look at the last one in particular Laughing), here is some advice:

To the guys:

• A tanktop and jeans is the most basic outfit you could use.
• If you are tan, I suggest you wear a light pink shirt with pulled up sleeves, if you have one. Brown trousers might be a good combination.
• You can definitely wear a suit for this one.
• If you want to give some bad boy attitude, a black leather jacket, a white t-shirt and jeans is all you need.
• A military look will definitely match the vintage patriotic values that Coca-Cola has portrayed in some ads (see below).

WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 Coca-cola-ad-300uw

(Brianna will give you more specific advice about clothing, but if you can't wait for her confessional before shooting, at least you kind of know where to begin)

• Keep in mind that the spirit of the picture is vintage. Vintage, in this case, implies conservative, so don't go for something too Easy Breezy Beautiful, keep it manly but still happy.
• Pay extra attention to how you do your hair. As Brianna said to Gabriel, Gucci it up if it works with your hair implantation. If it doesn't, put it on the side. You can use greasy wax or a wet-look gel, it will totally match the vintage atmosphere.

To the girls:

• You can definitely go for a pin-up style. I think the video for Candyman is the perfect example. I'll let Brianna give you more specific advice about clothing because she knows her stuff way better than I do in the girl department.
• You might want to go for a fake innocent mood. Go - for - it. It's time for you to be a little flirtatious!
• Please avoid straightening your hair or wearing it in a bun. Given the theme, it won't really be appropriate.

So I think that's it. Since the photoshoot concept might be harder to execute for guys, I gave them more ideas. Girls can refer more easily to cultural references, like pin-ups, but I find it harder to find a masculine equivalent of such iconic vintage figures.

Hope you all do well!

Last edited by VanityEgo on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carcamiiwiis

carcamiiwiis

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Well Bre and andrei do a fashion tips well im going to do photography and desing tips
Back to top Go down
Snammy

Snammy

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Which leaves me with tips in not being a shit. I can do that rabbit
Back to top Go down
VanityEgo

VanityEgo

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Well Snammy your critiques are always the funniest (with Brianna's) and probably the most constructive so I need to make up for my lack of enthusiasm on film with some (hopefully) helpful advice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carcamiiwiis

carcamiiwiis

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Yeah sammy is the bublie jugde i always laugh with you
Back to top Go down
AnimeFan0113

AnimeFan0113

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:03 pm

wow the judges do get really involve in the shots and the contestants! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carcamiiwiis

carcamiiwiis

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Maybe we have to do the confessional theme
Back to top Go down
VanityEgo

VanityEgo

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:46 pm

I kinda want Sam to open the Confessional Thread *-*

And I want Bri to have her own thread with Fashion tips Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carcamiiwiis

carcamiiwiis

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:57 pm

weel i go to teh confessional theme with the photografy tips
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:37 pm

WOW Andrei you are def. a good judge and I like how you are helping the people cheers
Back to top Go down
http://wntm.foroactivo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"   WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WNTM CYCLE 7 "DISCUSSION TREAD"
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next